Sunday 2 March 2014

Your Biological And Technological Distinctiveness Will Be Added To Our Own.

   I managed to get back to theBorg cube today and I've fitted the tractor and cutting beams. The fibre optics (which were wound for posting) are playing at 'Silly Buggers' and the only way I could get rid of the curve was to lead it along a length of wire:-
   Sanding the filament has done the trick with the blue LED - it is the strongest of the bulbs that I have:-
   And from an angle that shows the tractor beam lighting up the USS Melbourne a bit better:-

   I've also connected seven lengths of filament to the yellow LED. The beam effect is proving to be a wee bit more awkward with it because the bulb is quite weak. I'll persevere with the sanding for a while yet and if it's not strong enough I'll replace the yellow LED with a stronger (more expensive) bulb. Seven filaments should be more than enough. Two each for the Yamaguchi and the Bellerophon still leaves plenty for the other three undamaged ships, especially if I have one not firing - which I suppose is statistically more likely, and the Bonestell is probably too small for a 1mm filament to look good anyway. I'm now waiting for a green LED and some more 1mm fibre optic filament for the Borg fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment