Monday 3 March 2014

Wreck 3.

   The New Orleans class USS Kyushu will be another of the wrecks for my Wolf 359 diorama. It will have extensive damage at the rear (secondary hull and both nacelles) as well as scorching to the primary hull and a chunk out of the starboard side. This one will be the target of a Borg phaser and may have a bit of a debris field. I'm starting with the primary hull of Paragon's design:-
   I even remembered to cut the holes for the recessed 'windows'! So the primary hull has been built - still intact at this stage:-
   My damage photos are conflicting now - one shows the bridge scorched and another shows it gone. Considering how fiddly it was to build I'm going to have it scorched. Here are the parts with their scorch marks and cut lines:-

   After cutting I have this:-

   Then with some filling in the holes I get this:-

   After which I joined everything together:-


   Tacking on some strands of wire wool and offcuts gave a passable debris field effect:-


   I'll be blackening the wire wool and offcuts - unfortunately, I left my pen on the laptop and it dried up! lol I'm now off to wire some bulbs to a 'chocolate block' and link the blocks in series. The inside of the Borg cube is starting to look like ground zero for the Manhattan Project!

No comments:

Post a Comment