Sunday 30 March 2014

Star Trek: TOS:- remastered "The Enterprise Incident" Diorama - micro build log

   Moving onto the remastered version, I'm basically just lathering, rinsing and repeating with the new colour scheme to match the bird of prey.
   With the wing sections built on both D7s I cut all the tiny pieces:-
and fitted everything together:-
leaving the nacelles and command module to be built. I forgot that I had a fibre optic filament to thread through one of them so that should try my patience no end! The finished grey D7s look like this:-
  
Now onto the bird of prey:-

   Partially built it looked like this:-
   ​And with all three built and mounted we have "The Enterprise Incident" Mk II:-
   And finally, "The Enterprise Incident" II-A:-
   The surprise I was working on was my attempt at a cloaked D7, using battery packaging, a tiny piece of fibre optic filament and a trimmed dud LED:-
   I forgot the episodes of CSI that show how latent fingerprints are brought up with superglue fumes, hence the opacity, but all in all it's come out fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment