Monday 24 February 2014

I Shall Call Him My 'Mini Me'

   Two down, eleven to go. Next up is the Oberth class USS Bonestell. This will get the most complicated/intricate/fiddly ones out of the way first. The vast majority of the parts from the original design are redundant at this scale - no internal support is required and many parts are microscopic!

   Here's a comparison shot of the original design build with it's 'Mini Me:-
   The sliver of card on the ruler is the build size this time ;-).
   I'm not following the instructions this time - that would be an exercise in futility. Instead I'm picking out the largest parts and, using the larger model as a guide, attaching smaller parts as necessary:-
   The problem this time is the lack of contrast on the printout; without my magnifying specs I wouldn't have a hope! lol 
   Rounding the final bend:-



Onto the home straight:-


And I have a 3/4" bundle of joy:-
   This will be the smallest of the Wolf 359 fleet.

No comments:

Post a Comment