Monday 27 January 2014

Teeny Toty Wee Trek Starships.

   The majority of my really small Star Trek ships are produced by shrinking full-size templates using a freeware program called XnView. I convert pdo files to pdf using a program called cutepdf, and I convert pdf to bitmap images using a Tipard converter. Again, I'm aiming for models up to 2" in length, but a few go over, eg the Doomsday Machine (~3"), the Vulcan Sh'Ran (~3") and the Defiant (~3 1/2").
   Anyway, here goes...
 Left to right - Federation Kremlin class (???), USS Voyager (layered Drex file), Xindi Insectoid (layered Drex File), Cardassian Hideki (layered Drex File), Vidiian cruiser (layered Drex File).
   These models are stuck on cocktail sticks, so this should give an idea of their size. I had to buy a pair of reading glasses with 2 1/2 x magnification so that I could see where I was cutting. Tweezers are another essential, particularly if tabs are used.

No comments:

Post a Comment