Monday 27 January 2014

Teeny Toty Trek Ships.

   Along with many others, Star Trek is a bit of a passion with me. My latest 'craze' is building paper models of the ships (mainly) seen on screen. I owe a debt of thanks to the many awesome designers out there (Paragon, D-Whale, Clever Santoro, Ninjatoes, DTK, to name but a few) as I can't get the hang of designing myself. More thanks go to Ex Astris Scientica, Doug Drexler and others, who produce orthographics and plans. The few models I have made without a design have been made by layering colour orthographics, in particular those of Doug Drexler. Again THANK-YOU all...
   The following are some of the shuttles I've made so far...
Left to right: top - Ferengi (by Perry), Klingon (non-canon by MTK), Vulcan (can't recall designer) and Suliban (D-Whale)
middle - Tederation type 8 "Tereshkova" (Paragon, I think), Federation cargo bee (MTK)
bottom - Federation travelpod (can't recall designer), Federation NX-01 shuttle (can't recall designer), Federation command shuttle (Paragon), Federation "Argo" (Paragon).
   The models are not in any particular scale - the shuttles which should be the smallest usually end up being the largest! I'm trying to get the size under 2", although the cargo bee comes in at a whopping 3 1/2".

No comments:

Post a Comment